Guide on How to Remove & Delete Video from YouTube Channel Effectively
Guide on How to Remove & Delete Video from YouTube Channel Effectively
Reason to Remove / Delete video from YouTube Channel
An AFP study from Sydney reported that one out of five Australians had fallen victim to abusive behaviour, including getting their most intimate moments filmed or captured on camera without permission and then trying to make such humiliating pictures public on social networks. 11% of victims have had their photos posted on social media sites like Snapchat and Facebook without their permission.
In this digital era, people live on social platforms, they talk, discuss, communicate and deliver messages to others through social platforms like Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp and YouTube. You are able to get someone’s details from such a platform quickly, what they do, what they have uploaded and what they made in the past, by just searching their name.
Even though you did not know who they are, you can easily get all relevant data about them, including their images and videos. People do not often realise that this information could be used against them; however, once they are cyber-bullied, they often then regret sharing such content to the public.
According to a survey conducted in 2015 by the non-profit organisation Cyber Civil Rights Initiative (CCRI), involving 1,606 respondents, a large proportion (61%) said they took nude images or videos of themselves and shared them with others, while 23% were victims of revenge porn.
Advanced technology provides ease for us to access all the information that we want and we need, but it also threatens us by showing up the info we owned to others. People use the ease of technology to spread fake rumours and annoying messages that endanger others, making the world terrifying if you are being harassed by such behaviour. So now the question is how are we going to protect ourselves from being cyber harassed? How to delete such humiliating videos from the Internet, social media account such as YouTube Channel? Here are some guidelines you might refer to.
Why do People need to delete and remove their videos from the Internet, especially from YouTube Channel?
YouTube, the free video-sharing platform with the mission to give everyone a voice and show the world. Nearly everyone is familiar with this platform. They can find videos on just about any topic interested and can upload or download many videos for later viewing. However, do you know why YouTube removed some uploaded video from YouTube? YouTube has the responsibility to ensure the safety of this community of people from all over the world. The automated systems will delete a video that has content against their policies or in other words, its community guidelines. YouTube is trying to create a community with common sense through a few general rules listed in its community guidelines.
What Kind of Video Should be Remove/Clear from YouTube?
- Nudity or sexual content
- Do not treat YouTube as a free platform for pornography or sexually explicit material.
- Those videos that content sex, porn should be report and block from viewing from the others.
- Harmful or dangerous content
- A video that encourages others to do things that might cause them badly hurt, especially kids will be removed.
- Hateful content
- Although YouTube is a platform for free expression. But they don’t support content that promotes or condones violence against individuals or groups based on race or ethnic, religion, or any sensitive identity.
- Violent or graphic content
- Please be mindful that your content must not encourage others to commit specific acts of violence.
- Harassment and cyberbullying
- Any reported abusive behaviour including getting other’s most intimate moments filmed or captured on camera without permission or any form of harassment video, will be taken down by YouTube.
- Spam, misleading metadata and scams
- Annoying, misleading descriptions, tags, titles, or thumbnails to increase views is not ok in the YouTube community.
- Respect copyright and only upload original videos that you made or authorised to use.
- Videos that involve someone’s personal information without consent can be removed upon request.
- Accounts that are created to impersonate another channel or individual are not allowed.
- Child Safety
- It is crucial to protect minors in the YouTube ecosystem.
How YouTube Removes Video?
Not only automated systems, but YouTube also hires further staff to manually review videos in a team of human flaggers. They are combating content that violates the strict policies through a combination of human and machine flags aggressively. YouTube will remove video which reported content didn’t align with its community guidelines that mentioned earlier such as pornography content, violence, extremism and more.
If you are charged with a grave breach of YouTube community guidelines, your channel will be terminated temporarily or permanently. You may be prohibited from assessing, possessing or creating any other channels along with an email explaining the reason for the termination. Reasons for termination can be:
- Repeated violation of the community guidelines
- A single case of severe abuse such as predatory behaviour or spam
- Channels dedicated to a policy of a breach (hateful content, harassment, impersonation, etc.)
How to Delete Video from YouTube Channel?
You able to look for help from YouTube Support!
If you find some video content on YouTube that is a violation of the community guidelines, you will be able to delete the video by reporting the video. You can report the video by flagging the video.
Here is some step on flagging a video:
- Below the video player, click on the More button.
- Highlight and click the Report button in the drop-down menu.
- Click on the reason for flagging that best fits the violation within the video.
- Provide any additional details that may help the review team make their decision.
What Other Alternative Ways to Delete Video from the Internet?
However, you may fail to report the video where the owner of the video is able to appeal to recover the video back from YouTube. Thus, the best way to remove video is you may seek an online content removal company or agency to help you on deleting such offending or unwanted video from the Internet permanently. There are many professional content removal agencies able to help you to remove the content, video, photo from the Internet, not only YouTube, and other related websites or sources.
If you have any query about removing fake, sexually explicit video or untruthful content from the Internet, you may be able to contact us via email on [email protected] or call +60135121591. At Internet Removals, we provide a specialised service whereby we lodge and manage applications for the removal of content to offending search engines, website administrators and web hosts.
SIGN UP TO KEEP THE COUNT.
Cleverus Holdings (M) Sdn Bhd
No. 3-1 & 3-2, Jalan Tasik Utama 3, Medan Niaga Tasik Damai,
The Trillium, Lake Fields, Sg Besi
57000 Kuala Lumpur.
Internet Removals Pte Ltd
68 Circular Road, Singapore .
Australia: Level 3, 130 Bundall Road, Bundall QLD 4217, Australia.